Cooper Roller Bearings Company Limited (Cooper or the company) is a world leader in the manufacture and supply of engineered split roller bearings, engineering solutions and services. Cooper is dedicated to producing quality products and services, which continue to satisfy the needs and requirements of our customers and interested parties. Cooper recognizes that its business activities have the potential to impact on the environment and therefore is committed to best environmental practices.
It is the policy of Cooper to:
- protect all components of the environment which might be affected by its activities, products and services and to anticipate and comply with environmental legislation and other regulatory requirements relevant to which the organisation subscribes.
- eliminate or reduce pollutant emissions to a minimum wherever possible and to establish procedures and contingency plans to minimise the potential impact of any accidental discharge or emission and ensure that public authorities are given the company's full co-operation.
- continuously improve and prevent or minimise the environmental impacts of its activities, products and services and to design and develop taking into account end of life/life cycle impacts.
- use raw materials and resources efficiently and investigate opportunities to reduce energy consumption, the amount of waste arising from its operations and to ensure that waste is disposed of safely in accordance with current legislation and wherever possible to recycle.
- undertake periodic reviews/auditing procedures and raise corrective actions to address any deficiency found with the company's environmental management system, policy, objectives and targets.
- to ensure all staff are aware of the company's environmental policy and procedures and to ensure contractors/visitors are also aware of the company's environmental procedures that maybe relevant to them.
Cooper will provide the necessary resource to support its environmental policy and enable staff to fulfill their role to meet the requirements of ISO14001 standard.